Thursday, April 23, 2009

I refuse to be a victim

Proofreading Citi e-Savings toblerone ad.

Handsome me. Playing with a mac after lunch.

Citi-zens. Photo op with fellow intern, Jojit. Serious.

The candid version.





What's wrong with him?
I feel like I'm being sexually harassed, always caressing my back and I think he intends to move those freaking hands to who knows somewhere. It would have been nice but the thing is this layout artist is so damn ugly. So ugly you wouldn't waste time looking at him. If I do not have to ask him to do some things fo me then I wouldn't have to bear his ugliness. Arrggghhh.
Boss was out.
This morning when I arrived at the office, I did not greet my boss who I supposed was at the opposite desk. It was deliberate for I don't want her to see me at once and ask me to run so many errands. She just gives too many things to handle and I just don't know how to finish them all. Plus this stupid pseudo boss to us is trying to come in the way as if our tasks aren't enough for a day.
Yesterday was our first week at the office and we have surpassed a week's work already. Normally I measure the length of my stay in a company in a week's performance and I think since I have come this far, I'll be staying in the office for the whole course of the internship. Besides, I promised my boss that I am not like the others who just disappear when the going gets tough.
She promised me that she'll transfer me to another department related to research. I just hope that she keeps her promise. It is going to be about Market Research and I know it can help me a lot. It's not that I am not learning anything here in the Marketing Communication but more than taking off posters from doors or delivering letters between floors, is my desire to learn the rigours of corporate research.
The break even.
We get 350Php a day in the company. It doesn't sound bad. Bad when I try to compute the actual expenses at the office starting from the taxi going and leaving plus the lunch, I think that the measly allowance we receive is an insult to the task they are giving us.
To illustrate-
Taxi....................................... P 50.00
Lunch.................................... 70.00
Taxi....................................... 100.00
Total...................................... P 220.00
Allowance................................................... P 350.00
Net................................. P 130.00

Additional expenses
Time....................................... 9 hours
Intelligence............................ XXX
Effort...................................... XXX
Energy.................................... XXX
And to think that sometimes they ask us to stay more than the arbitrated time. I definitely refuse to be a victim.
I am a fighter by nature and I won't let this corporate abuse get to me. If it means resigning, then be it but I will not let them play their authority over me. I'm sounding a little communist but order should be established out of chaos.
Quote for the day:
"Hindi tayo tao, hindi tayo hayop."
"E ano tayo?"
"Bagay tayo."
-not in any way related to my journal. I just find this funny.

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Readers Also Viewed the Following