Saturday, November 28, 2009

Korean POP Singing Contest

Korea and everything about it has become so ingrained in me already. I have been studying its language and culture for quite some time now. Why? Well, I think I fall in love with this country when I visited it in 2007-2008. Now, I am joining again this Korean SINGING contest this year in my university hoping I'll bag the FIRST place already, coz last year I just ended up as second. I am confident this year that I'll bring home the GRAND PRIZE.

 

I passed the pre-screening so my name's written as the second performer. I'm so excited about this.

This year, I have chosen to sing the song 가지마 가지마 ('Gajima Gajima' literally Don't Go, Don't Go) sung by  Brown Eyes. Last year I sang 보고싶어날엔 ('Bogoshipobaren' literally I Miss You) sung by Park Ji-Hon.

The song is a sad song about leaving someone you love. Below is the lyrics and the translation:

우리 함께했던 날들
그 기억들만 남아
I am left only with the memories of those days when we used to be together

너를 지워야만
내가 살 수 있을까
Is forgetting you the only way for me to live?

우리 함께했던 날들
자꾸만 너 떠올라
Memories of those days when we used to be together returns again and again

너를 보내야만
내가 살 수 있을까
Is letting you go is the only way for me to live?

(가지마) 떠나지마 제발
(Don't go) Please don't leave

(가지마) 사랑하잖아
(Don't go) I love you

(가지마) 나 혼자 남겨두고
(Don't go) You will leave me alone

제발 제발 제발
Please Please Please

가지마 가지마 가지마
Don't go Don't go Don't go

아직 너를 위해
바보처럼 살아가는데
Like a fool I still love you

너는 어디에
Where are you

니가 필요한데
I need you

oh baby 내 사람아
Oh baby, My all

이제 그만내게 돌아와줘
장난처럼 그렇게 돌아와
Please stop now and come back
Come back as if it was a joke

항상 너만을 위해서
살아가고 싶지만
Always I wanted to live for you

때론 그 사랑마저도
힘이 들잖아
 
(가지마) 떠나지마 제발
(Don't go) Please don't leave

(가지마) 사랑하잖아
(Don't go) I love you

(가지마) 나 혼자 남겨두고
(Don't go) You will leave me alone

제발 제발 제발
Please Please Please

가지마 가지마 가지마
Don't go Don't go Don't go

아직 너를 위해
바보처럼 살아가는데
Like a fool I still love you

너는 어디에
Where are you

니가 필요한데
I need you

oh baby 내 사람아
Oh baby, my all

이제 그만 내게 돌아와줘
장난처럼 그렇게 돌아와
Please stop now and come back
Come back as if it was a joke

아프고 아플만큼
Hurt and as much as the pain

지치고 지칠만큼
Tired and as much as exhausted

지워봐도 참아봐도
I tried to erase you and forget

니가 떠올라
But you are in my mind

너도 나처럼 아프잖아
You are hurt as I am

너도 나처럼 힘들잖아
You are tired as I am

돌아와 내게로
Please come back to me

잊지 못할 내 사람아
My unforgettable one

아직 너를 위해
바보처럼 살아가는데
Like a fool I still love you

너는 어디에
Where are you

니가 필요한데
I need you

oh baby 내 사람아
Oh baby, my all

이제 그만 내게 돌아와줘
장난처럼 그렇게
Please stop now and come back
Come back as if it was a joke

oh baby 내 사람아
Oh baby, my all

이제 그만 내게 돌아와줘
그때처럼
그렇게 돌아와
Please stop now and come back
Like before, come back to me... 

Just me doing my thing. Funny that I was not so prepared this time. I won third place though.

Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Readers Also Viewed the Following