Monday, April 5, 2010

UP Memory 3: Don Antonio House


The first few days in UP were difficult for me. I had a difficult time meeting new friends plus the fact that my house is two hours away from the school. In fact, I had to get up at 4am and leave at 4:30am just to make it on time to my first class in the morning. I still remember how dark it was still everytime I leave my house. I walk down the lane to the jeepney area, passing by the maggot infested heap of garbage. It was all too deplorable for me, sometimes I doubt whether my decision was good or not.

The travel from Don Antonio takes 30 minutes to get to Guadalupe. During these days, it was rainy season so I had to contend with the fact that rain and wind are two things that should not make my day horrible, in other words, I usually get soaked in rain. From Guadalupe, I opt to take the morning buses though I can take the train. I feel so lazy in the morning to climb the high stairs of the train station I just opt to take the bus, besides bus is more convenient since I only have to ride for one time. The buses stops at Philcoa, where I can take UP Ikot.

Going back home is another story. After classes, I quickly hop on to the first jeepney so I can go back early. I normally feel asleep in the bus, and when I get into the jeepney, I had to squeeze in with the other passengers and finally take the tricycle. When I arrive at my house, I feel so spent I couldn't much except to sleep.

What makes things worse in that house is that there are not many food stores, so I had to deal with the least appetizing food in the place. The food in the stores there are always oily, and I swear if I didn't leave the place, I'll die young. It's either I'll die because of cholesterol or somebody will break in the house and kill me. That house can be easily open mind you.

This house that I'm talking about is owned by my uncle, who decided to let me stay there for a while. Thinking that they can save money, my parents decided to let me stay there though they knew it was all too far from my school. I really don't understand what kind of logic my parents have for letting me live there.



Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Readers Also Viewed the Following