Monday, August 30, 2010

TRAVEL | Tagaytay Outing - Part 1


On the way, I saw the Taal Lake. The view was simply majestic. I felt that surge of awe with what I have seen. I never imagined Tagaytay to be this beautiful.

For the last weekend of August, my colleagues and I decided to take our good friend Jake to Tagaytay to have a change of atmosphere. I have only been to Tagaytay once. Not until this visit did I realize that Tagaytay was a part of Cavite and not Laguna. I can still remember the pineapple in Palace in the Sky- which we deliberately avoided since there is nothing special there anymore with all the vandalisms done in the place. We decided to proceed immediately to Picnic Grove. On the way, I saw the Taal Lake. The view was simply majestic. I felt that surge of awe with what I have seen. I never imagined Tagaytay to be this beautiful. Back on my first visit, I never really appreciated Tagaytay as much as I have now. With the clear skies I saw the lake and the infamous volcano. It was just like what they say, a lake within a lake. I’m so proud of this piece of treasure the Philippines has. It’s not difficult to say that our country is such a gifted one.

Me, the Mang Gio the driver and the crosswind en route to Tagaytay
Overlooking Taal Lake with company friends and Korean friend, Jake

TIP:
You need to leave Manila or anywhere early so you can see the beauty of the Taal Lake in the morning when the sun is still shining. The sun in the afternoon is quite high and doesn’t foster basking under it. Tagaytay’s weather for the most part is hot. Traffic’s bad in the afternoon to early evening so better go back home before rush hour (4pm – 5pm) or after rush hour (9pm – 10pm).



Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Readers Also Viewed the Following