Friday, June 7, 2013

JOURNAL | Nice to See You Again My Old Pal- UP!


It feels so refreshing to go back to UP Diliman. As I have told my friend when I was there to visit after two long years- I felt like I was back in my comfort zone.

Yes, this University certainly made me feel like this is the safest place in the world. Inside, trees sheltered me from all the worries outside the real world. 



It's just ironic since UP is supposed to be a microcosm of the real world. But turns out, the real world is just a nasty place. Outside, everything is all about survival and competition not just of skills but of morals and principles.

Inside UP, one can choose to be idealistic and can do so. After all, the University has allowed us  and even encouraged us to voice out our sentiments. Become critical and radical. But the real world is totally the opposite of the utopia we have forged inside.


WHAT I'M REALLY SAYING, is that I missed UP a lot. It's like meeting an old friend after a very long time. 


It's so nice to see you again my old pal. 

After all, we've spent 6 years together. ;)







Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Readers Also Viewed the Following