There are days/nights when I think about the amazing bosses I've worked with in the past. I figured that most of my bosses are non Filipinos (except for the big wigs at Citibank, NA during my internship). I worked with Korean, American and now German. I feel like my corporate training has become so multi cultural. For this series, I would like to share important lessons from my bosses.
The Korean: Share Your Knowledge
- One of the most memorable learnings I had from my Korean boss is to constantly acquire new skills and share them with people.
- Treat the clients as if they are the most important to you.
- Be practical on all aspects. Be it a new phone, computer, router, etc. Maximizing resources is a must.
- Talk to employees politely.
- Celebrate birthdays and throw parties to lift up the spirit.
- And most important of all, never give up. Always remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel.