Saturday, January 31, 2015

EVENT | Salsa Fiesta At "On The Rocks"


They say that the only way for a beginner salsa dancer to improve his skills is to attend social salsa events, and that's exactly what we've been doing! On Jan. 30th night, On The Rocks ( the club beside Golden Tulip Seeb ) opened its floor to Salsa, Bachata, Kizumba, Zouk dancers and it was was one of the most awesome salsa events I've witnessed so far. What with all the professional salsa dancers on the floor. It was a feast for the eyes and at the same time a golden opportunity to learn and observe those intricate movements. These amazing dancers are just so inspiring and pushes me to work even harder with my footwork and leading skills.




Several Latin Dance Muscat people were present that night and it was non-stop dancing for all us. My feet got sore after a while but I still kept dancing ( just couldn't stop ). Apart from the salsa dances, there were also remarkable show off of African dance and contemporary ( such as Oppa Gangnam Style; Wiggle Wiggle ) line dances.


Photo credits to Cindy Ang

Oh, and did I mention RUEDA! At first I was reluctant to join the circle but I said what the hell, it can't get anything bad at all. The calls that the ( female ) leader used were as follows: Dame, Enchufla, Enchufla La Rumba, Arriba, Enchufla La Festival ( with a clap on the 7 ). It was awesome ( I'm running out of adjectives ). 

NOTE: Jan 30 and 31 - classes have been ongoing for Salsa, Kizumba, and Rueda at On The Rocks.

And so, since I am so inspired to improve my skills with more complex moves ( executable ones that is ), I am now making an analysis of the moves that I can do so far ( much like an inventory of what I am capable of. Well I just hope I get to be a better dancer sometime soon. :)







Google+ Badge

Google+ Followers

Readers Also Viewed the Following