So what's the latest?
Well, I'm currently residing in my home country- the Philippines, where in the last few weeks I have:
a. Ranted on and on about the worsening traffic situation in most key cities. It is so horrible that it is faster to arrive in a neighboring country, say Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, etc.; than to get to your destination in Manila. And boy, don't even get me started on the rudeness of taxi drivers here.
b. Gave up on any pretense of hope for the Philippine government when the Bureau of Customs decided to open the balikbayan boxes of OFWs. These politicians do not run out of idiotic policies.
c. Wondered how it's possible for a group like Iglesia ni Cristo to block a major traffic road simply because they were not happy about how the justice system is carried out in the land. I mean come on... seriously!
d. Correlated to point c, was truly frustrated at how politicians (with the exception of VP Binay as he cannot get lower at this point... he's already at the pit of hell) kissed the ass of Iglesia Ni Cristo.
e. Saddened by the news that Duterte is no longer running for president. Now I have no reason to register.
f. Azkals getting ravaged by a 5-1 loss to Uzbekistan for the World Cup Qualifying Match; Gilas Pilipinas on the other hand managed a 2nd place in the Jones Cup.
g. Affected by the ongoing civil war in Syria and the worsening crisis; but at the same time, concerned about the impact of refugee immigration to Europe which leads to some questions posed by a British confidante on our recent discussion:
(1) They (refugees) claim to have come from ISIS controlled areas of Syria.
(2) ISIS have already proved countless times, how good they are at manipulating media to their advantage.
(3) Spare a thought for Countries like Greece and Italy and Hungry, who have to find a lot of money to process those alleged refugees.
(4) It is only a few months ago since ISIS promised to carry out substantial attacks across Europe, then all of a sudden these alleged refugees appear on Europe's borders. This smacks of a part of a plan - not a European plan.
(5) These alleged refugees have just put intollerable pressure onto Europe. They have also been seen to que jump the vetting process, causing legitimate migrants, many of whom have waited years to have their cases considered, to feel very angry - and rightly so.
(6) Density of population across European Union Countries is currently 115 people per sq.km.
(7) Density of population in USA is currently 35 per sq. km.
(8) People under the age of 30 in European Union Countries are mostly still living with their parents cos there is a huge shortage of available housing. Even 100,000 migrants now causes massive problems and additional pressure on what little available housing exists. That is unfair on Europeans.
(9) Why do Countries such as USA, Australia, Canada, UAE, KSA refuse to offer to take in theae refugees? They are prosperous and have lots of space and available housing.
(10) UAE and Saudi - fellow muslims, don't want to help. What does that say about Islamic Countries and their failure to help fellow muslims?
On a brighter note,
g. UP Basketball Team has managed a 2-0 score in the current UAAP. They recently won over DLSU... hindi na ito tsamba lang.
h. Queen Elizabeth II of England has surpassed Queen Victoria as the longest ruling monarch. Long live the queen.