Miss Universe Philippines – Maxine Medina (Binibini 29)
Binibining Pilipinas 2016 International – Kylie Verzosa (Binibini 31)
Binibining Pilipinas 2016 Intercontinental – Jennifer Hammond (Binibini 26)
Binibining Pilipinas 2016 Supranational – Joanna Eden (Binibini 13)
Binibining Pilipinas 2016 Grand International – Nicole Cordoves (Binibini 11)
Binibining Pilipinas 2016 Globe – Nichole Marie Manalo (Binibini 28)
Binibining Pilipinas 2016 1st runner-up – Angelica Alita (Binibini 38)
Binibining Pilipinas 2016 2nd runner-up – Jehza Mae Huelar (Binibini 37)
Thoughts on Maxine Medina as the new Bb Pilipinas Universe
(1) She might not be the prettiest & most eloquent speaker in the batch (compared to Kylie Versoza & Nicole Manalo)... but I see why judges chose her despite her weak Q&A --> it was the X factor! It was her ability to stand out among the other girls... a face that does not blend, but makes a statement. This is an important card in the Ms Universe this year.
(2) Venezuela, Colombia and Mexico are sending equally exotic beauties... faces that do not measure up to the standard Trump Era Ms Universe candidates... this year, the girl who makes a mark will win.
(3) In 2015, Pia Wurtzbach was chubby when she won Bb Pilipinas. But she was transformed into something beyond anyone's expectations. She won the crown.
(4) In 2015, Janicel Lubina had it all. She was pretty and smart, but that didn't win her the Universe title. She also landed the Top 10 spot, not even in the final 3. But during Binibini, everyone was rooting for her. She deserved to win more than Pia, many would say.
(5) Now it seems 2015 has been repeated. Not many thought Maxine would win; and certainly not many are happy that she won. But this girl will prove something. Let's just wait.
The Striking Resemblances
Maxine, early as now is channeling a Riyo Mori (Ms Universe 2007) look... of course, Maxine's image is still going to be developed into something more spectacular so that's what we have to wait for in the coming months.