Will be sharing with you guys the new Immigration process on how to travel to UAE (from Oman), making short leisure trips or for those whose visit visas have already expired. You would know by now that Filipinos used to get visas on arrival in UAE, but due to some issues (of which this writer is not clear of), the rules have now changed. European and American passports remain visa upon arrival status.
As of July 2016, Filipinos in Oman who are going to UAE need to secure a visa on arrival through online processing.
Another method is to request for a visa service from any UAE travel agency. Please note that the plane counters will not allow Filipinos to board without the following:
- Pre-arranged Visa to UAE
- Roundtrip ticket from Oman-UAE-Oman OR Oman-UAE-another country
It is best to be ready with these documents, otherwise you'll face a very difficult time checking in.
So What Really Happens The Moment You Enter Muscat Airport?
- Upon passing through the xray machine, you need to check the status of your check in counters whether they are already open.
- Once you know which counter, proceed and get yourself into the queue.
- The counter staff will ask for your passport, tickets and copy of your pre-arranged visa. Bear in mind that the counter staff will check for the roundtrip ticket, so make sure you have this on hand.
- In the event that you have no return ticket or onward ticket, you will not be allowed to board the plane.
- Is your labor ID or visit visa within the validity period (Labor ID needs to be valid 3 months; Visit Visa should not exceed 30 days)? If yes, then you are good to go. If not, then you have to pay the fines at the police counter. Note that expired labor IDs are not allowed to travel outside Muscat without official cancellation from their sponsors.
- Is your passport valid for 6 months? If ues, then you are good to go. If not, then you need to renew it before you can travel. And this must be done way ahead of your travel day. Note that the Philippine Embassy in Muscat normally processes passport renewals for 30 days, so better to check this beforehand.
- Once you get through the check in counter and the police, you can finally go through another xray scanner.
- TIPS: When you reach the xray scanner queue, make sure that you put all your things like phones, watch, wallet, belt, jewellery, etc. into your bag. Do not place them in the trays because this will only delay you in getting them all back. So rule of thumb is, make the scanning as quick as possible.
- And when you pass the scanner check, you are finally headed to your gate. Be at the gate at least 1 hour before the departure time.
- You'll see signs and directions how to get to your gate so you won't find it difficult.
Hopefully these tips and info can help you ease the travel procedures, not only going to UAE but also in all destinations. Bon voyage!